Happy August, friends! Checking in just before I head off to Falcon Ridge Folk Festival... maybe I'll see some of you there?
Outside of Brooklyn, Falcon Ridge is the place I feel most at home. Seriously. And this weekend, I'll get to play my songs in a number places there:
- The Lounge Stage, Thursday 7:55PM, in-the-round with Steve Mayone and Cassandra House;
- Emerging Artist Showcase, about 2PM Friday afternoon (this is where it all began for Red Molly, and I feel super-privileged to get to do it AGAIN, but this time as a solo performer);
- Big Orange Tarp campsite song circle after Friday's MainStage closes down;
- Acoustic Live booth on the midway, Saturday at 2:15PM; and
- The Budgiedome, my home campsite, after Saturday's MainStage closes down... I'm on second, after the amazing Emerald Rae!
It's gonna be amazing, and I can't wait!
And then, in just a few short weeks, l'll be spending Labor Day weekend with my wonderful NO FUSS AND FEATHERS bandmates, playing shows at Rockwood Music Hall in NYC, The Minstrel in Morristown NJ, and Jamey's House of Music in Lansdowne PA! NFF shows are ALWAYS a good time... join us for one, or even two!
As always, check the SHOWS page at CarolannSolebello.com for details on these and other shows. You can also give my music page a "like" on FACEBOOK if you'd like to see updates and special treats more often.
Oh, and here's a new video from a performance I gave in April:
Hope to see you soon, and until I do, I wish you all the sweetness of Summer -- ripe peaches, iced coffee, hot music -- but most of all,
Photo by Jake Jacobson, Falcon Ridge Folk Festival 2010.